“We are not given a good life or a bad life. We are given life. And it’s up to you to make it good or bad.”
Week 3: May 14th – May 20th
Celebrating my uncle’s engagement party last week made me realize how fast everyone is growing up. It made me cherish being in everyone’s presence. We will never be that young again, for every minute ticking by we are only getting older. This isn’t necessarily meant to measure age and how young we are but more so the time we have left with each other. The time we have on this earth and these relationships before everyone starts building their own families and going down their own paths.
I didn’t get very far on changing my budget. In fact I did worst because I spent way more than I had. There will be days where I don’t get far on change. There will be days where I fall back (which I did last week) but as long as I understand that and can try to be better next week… that is all that matters. This change I am shooting for will be slow and will be hard but I can get through it. At least I was able to change my outlook on life and enjoy the moment.
- Cherishing relationships in my life and spending quality time with my family
- Enjoyed nature and the amazing weather
- Record some moments that made my week memorable.
Things to work on:
- Continue to save for my emergency fund – the goal is $1000
- Budget: impulse buy is still real. I need to cut down my spending however these next few weeks will be filled with miscellaneous things that will cut hard into my budget. For example, I need to get a filling done on one of my tooth that will cost about $200. 😦 On the bright-side, it will last for a while so that I won’t have to worry about it. This means I need to start putting in more effort in my dental hygiene to prevent future costs like this.
- Continue to be comfortable in front of the camera. Continue to record the process throughout the week.
- Podcast- I have not been working on this. Frankly I’m having a very hard time trying to figure out if I should go through with this or not. I think it’s more so fear stopping me.
- Deadlines – I plan to really crack down on this matter this week. Tune in to see how I do next week!
This week I have way more things to work on. It’s important for me to remember to see how good life is when it is good but also when it is bad. These next few weeks will be tough. I’ll have a lot of drawbacks with my budget but I know I can get through them.