Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
– Frank Outlaw
Week 12: July 16 – July 23
Out with the old, in with the new.
My habits, my way of thinking, my way of doing had been working for me a few months ago but as of a few weeks, maybe 2 or 3, I have been struggling. Struggling to stay motivated, to stay inspired. This caused me to fall off the wagon and walk around feeling lost. I’m tired of this feeling. I’m tired of feeling stuck, going around in a circle with the same thoughts, feelings, and results. It is time that I realize my results are not due to anything or anyone but me. It is time to reevaluate myself and approach my goals from a different angle.
- Struggling. Sometimes we need the struggle to push us out of a dead zone. It did not feel amazing going through this but it was much needed because I wasn’t making the effort to change.
- Spending time with family. I spent Sunday spontaneously talking with my other 3 sisters while we were watching a Netflix show. We just talked. We reflected. We shared. We were all watching TV and I found some astrology traits I wanted to share with my sisters. I read each of their sign’s traits and characteristics and we ended up contributing more to the discussion. What did we admire about each other? What is something new we learned? This led to us sharing how our week went and what goal we wanted to achieve. This time was special. It was spontaneous, freeing, supportive, and deep. We are planning to continue this every Sunday. Sunday Soul Day.
Things to work on:
- Work on making new habits. New habits will allow me to see results.
- Supporting people: I’m very introverted so I don’t like to go out much let alone hang out with many people. However, I noticed that some things around me have changed like my friends current life situation. I haven’t been the greatest friend and I am trying to change that. I need to start reaching out to others and initiating communication. I need to start cherishing the friendships I do have.
- Getting out of my comfort zone: I need to start trying new things again. I have been comfortable for a while now and I get this feeling of restlessness. When I get this feeling I start to overthink and re-evaluate my life by trying to make a big change. Instead of wanting a big change I would like to start out by making small ones. I am planning to try an aviary class. Something new to challenge myself.
P.S. Sometimes, change is necessary. No more excuses.
This weeks theme song inspiration: Uncomfortable by Wallows