The only thing that limits impossibility is imagination.
Week 18: September 9 – September 16
It was a week of change for me. A week of investing in myself.
I’ve been more mindful lately, staying positive, and practicing gratitude all of last week. It feels good to have a different mindset on life. Life can be hard and unfair but life is also so much more than that. It’s beautiful and loving, it’s happiness, and it’s life (isn’t that enough?).
- New morning routine has been going well. I’d like to be more strict this week. No social media right when I wake up. Also, saving 15 minutes for journaling to reflect on my sleep and manifesting a positive attitude for the day.
- Last week, I was getting ready for work and saw my little sister leaving to go to her bus stop. As she was walking I decided to sang “you are beautiful, no matter what they say, words can’t bring you down” (Beautiful by Christina Aguilera). Of course, we laughed at my horrible singing but as soon as I got into my car and drove to work the song came on! I couldn’t help but smile because it’s the little things that make my day. It’s the little things that I cherish. A simple, easy gesture that often gets overlooked.
- I was able to catch up with some old friends for happy hour. It felt good to catch up and hang out like years didn’t pass by.
- I’m re-reading The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. I loved it and still love it. I wish I could just read for a living.
Things to work on:
- Go through my past journals and poems to reflect because I didn’t do this last week.
- I didn’t end up saving from my last paycheck. 😦 I’m hoping to be able to do that with my next check.
- Define my mission for a podcast. Look through old podcast notes and take action. Clearly didn’t work on this last week either.
- Read more Astrophysics for People in a Hurry.
- Join a dance jam session at the gym.
P.S. You are an impressive person.
This weeks theme song inspiration: Mr. Brightside by The Killers