People don’t choose dreams. Dreams choose them.
Week 19: September 17 – September 23
I’ve been dreaming.
Wishing and dreaming. I’ve been trying to align my values with the next steps I’m going to take. There are some goals I’d like to reach before the end of the year. I’ve got 3 months and 1 week left. Time to embrace the dreams I have and start completing my checklist.
- I looked back at my notes and found a “book” I wrote last year. It started with this idea that I just couldn’t get out of my head. I decided to write with no expectations and the plot, the characters, the whole story just came spilling out. I re-read what I wrote and couldn’t help but smile and be proud of myself. I never finished it. I never even got half way done. But I’m so surprised at how far I did get. Maybe… I’ll get back to finishing it.
- I finished re-reading The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. I still love it.
- I also finished re-reading Throne of Glass (Book 1 of 7). The next book is coming out in October and I need to catch up!
- I revisited my values list to help me center myself again.
Things to work on:
- Go through more of my past journals and poems to reflect. I’ve been enjoying the process of seeing where I was in the past and appreciating where I am now.
- Stop letting fear get in the way of what I want.
- Meditate every night during the week. I stopped meditating and have noticed my stress level increase and more nights of restless sleep.
- Read more Astrophysics for People in a Hurry.
P.S. Embrace your dreams. Embrace yourself. Embrace where you are at. Embrace all that you are for you will never get this time, the days, hours, minutes, seconds, back.
This weeks theme song inspiration: Where to begin by Ellie Schmidly