I dare you to chase your dreams.
Week 22: October 15 – October 21
My fortune cookie said “Go after what you want: there’s no time like the present”.
Yes. I would have to agree.
I feel like I finally have some clarity. Clarity about myself and the route I want to go down. I feel like often times I get stuck because I get comfortable and/or because I want to do everything. I hate limiting myself. But now… now that I have a clearer mind I think I’m ready to move forward with the decision. I think the route I’m about to go down is exactly what I need.
- I did some hardcore journaling and reflecting. I dug deep into my fears and why they might be there. Everything became clear. My fears are not realistic. My fears are due to the fact that I’m afraid. That I can’t handle my own success. I’m afraid of judgement. I’m afraid of being too bold, too much, and too strong. So I sit in the corner, totally invisible. But it’s time to stop hiding and to start facing these fears.
- After talking to my sister about a route that I wanted to take we started talking about dreams that we used to have when we were younger. There was one in particular that we used to dream about and then impulsively decided to do it! Why not? We are currently in the planning stage right now and fine tuning everything. Sneak peak will be around December!
- I looked back at my values list to see which career would fit me the best and I think I’ve finally figured it out. I think the path I am going towards is going to be so good for me. I cannot wait!
- I bought a drawing board that connects to my laptop! I learned that in order to break a bad habit, I need to replace it. I can’t just stop scrolling through social media and do nothing with my time. So instead of scrolling through social media, I’d like to spend that time tuning in to my creative side. I’m not a great drawer. I can’t draw at all. But maybe this will help me relieve stress, get in tune with myself, and cut back social media time.
Things to work on:
- Limit social media time. I did really good the last few weeks but somehow fell into the slump again. I’m going to log out of my social media accounts (mainly Instagram) and try to be more present.
P.S. Don’t be afraid of you. Embrace it completely. Embrace all that you are.
This weeks theme song inspiration: Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee